Ancient Art + Modern Medicine = Fermentation and Gutsy Goodness
I am excited to be offering these upcoming in-person classes. Please sign up for each class below. I look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
Cooking for a healthy and happy life. Cook well, eat well, and live well.
Local Cooking Workshops
Sydney Community College Workshops
Fermenting with the Seasons- Autumn Edition
Ferments Course/ SOLD OUT
Mon May 1
1 session, 3 hours total, 6 pm – 9 pm
Sydney Community College – 2A Gordon St, Rozelle
$219.00 incl GST
As the autumn and winter season approaches, we tend to spend more time indoors entertaining and sharing meals with friends and family.
Every culture in the world serves ferments with food. It’s an ancient way to balance your body and at the same time enjoy delicious and nutritious meals.
I am a wholefood chef, educator, and fermenter. Join me for an evening of gutsy goodness, as you learn all about fermenting and pickling the best of the season’s produce.
You’ll come away with knowledge on how to prepare your own wild ferments.
You’ll discover how you can add them to your meals and snack and why they’re so good for you – plus a tasting of “ones we prepared earlier”.
You’ll take ferments and pickles to be cared for at home later… two-jars-full!
What will be covered in this festive ferments course?
- Some history and background on wild fermentation and naturally cultured pickled vegetables
- What fruits/vegetables work best for each season and why
- Recipes and tips
- Sterilizing your containers for food safety and success
Would you like to gather a group of friends or workmates in the privacy of your home, my kitchen, or in a virtual setting?
3 hr class for 1-25 people cost negotiable. The fee includes food, the time to develop the menu, shop, cook with you, and leave the clean-up to us.
I can do demonstration style or we all cook together depending on the facilities. Everyone leaves with notes, recipes, and suggestions.
If you prefer, gather friends and/or family together and create a Virtual Zoom brunch, lunch, or dinner party of your choice.
These classes are fun, stimulating, and creative and can be a place where you can have lots of your questions answered.
What you will learn
- How to fit these foods into your lifestyle for health, nourishment, and well-being.
- A workshop tailored to your needs and wishes
- Small groups and personal attention
What you will get
- A booklet with notes, recipes, and suggestions for variations
- Fun and connection
Give one as a gift
- Plant-based cooking around the world
- Master class ferments
- Wild ferments and pickles
- Naturally sweet desserts
A range of menus are available and sessions are adapted to what your needs are. Simple everyday family recipes to more exotic party ideas are also available.
If you are interested please contact me to discuss. Choose from the following options or suggest one that you would like to have:
- Festive seasonal ferments
- Master class ferments
- Seasonal plant-based or vegan whole foods
- Wild ferments
- Saltwater brine pickles
- Vegan plant-based cuisine
- Vegan or vegetarian desserts
- Whole foods in your Kitchen
- Plant-based vegan Dumplings
- Gluten-free plant-based vegan dumplings
The workshop includes demonstration and/or participation, recipes, all ingredients, and a full clean-up. Just leave it all to us and enjoy!