Is there really such a thing as ‘brain food’? Well, Dr. David Ramsey thinks so, and so do I. I have been practicing “Food as Medicine” for over 50 years and teaching people the way for 30 years.
What do you eat to beat depression, anxiety, mood swings, and more? Food choice is the most powerful factor in your control, yet treatment often overlooks a critical factor: what people eat.
Based on the latest science connecting nutrition and depression, I have come up with recipes, food plans, and dietary habits that will show you a way out of the malaise and put you on a journey to wellness.
“A clear and concise plan to tangibly make your life better through nutrient-dense food.”
– Dallas Hartwig, New York Times bestselling author of The Whole30 speaks the truth.
Modern food puts our mental health at risk
A prospective study in 2009 showed that in 10,094 university students those who adhered most closely to a Mediterranean dietary pattern had a 52% reduced risk of depression.
With all the fermented food in the Mediterranean diet its no wonder their mood and overall health improved!
You can make your life better through nutrient-dense and fermented food. Learn about the food-mood connection.
Here are some tips to follow that will put you on the path:
- ‘Eat the rainbow’
- a wide variety of foods, particularly fruit and vegetables. In this way, we’re regularly eating colorful and nutritious foods. From purple cabbage and blueberries to boy choy and yellow bananas, rainbow foods nourish our bodies and help us thrive.
- Fermented foods
- Organic Sourdough bread
- Fatty fish
- Broccoli and broccoli sprouts
- Pumpkin and other seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Green leafy vegetables
- Green tea
- Begin incorporating brain-nourishing foods choices and ferments with “building-block” nutrients such as
- long-chained omega-3 fats
- vitamin B12
On top of that, eating more of these brain foods can decrease your risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease; all diseases that wreak havoc on mental health.
Book a few sessions with me and you will transform your approach to food and teach you to use it as a tool to conquer depression, anxiety other mood swings or health concerns, and regain your health and vitality. It’s time you feed your most important asset first: YOUR BRAIN!