- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup warm filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon sauerkraut, pickle brine or sourdough starter, miso (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried cinnamon or cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt or 1 teaspoon miso
- 1-2 whole apples sliced into thin pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon or other sweet spice
- Maple syrup or rice syrup to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the chickpea flour with warm water in a medium bowl or mason jar, and mix well
- Add in tablespoon sauerkraut, brine, sourdough starter (or miso if using)
- Cover and allow to sit overnight or for at least 8-24 hours. Stir if leaving for longer than 8 hours. When a few bubbles are visible it is ready to use.
- Cut the apples and toss with the cinnamon. Set aside.
5. Stir in the olive oil, spices, and starter (if using). The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream.
6. Heat the oven to 450F/220 C. Put a cast-iron skillet (Solid Teknics is best) or pizza pan in the oven to warm or on a cooktop.
7. Remove the pan, pour 2 tablespoons of the oil into it and swirl. Immediately pour the batter into the pan.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the base is almost firm and the edges almost set.
9. Toss the apple slices with the spices, place on the top of the pizza base, brush with maple or rice syrup, and bake 10 minutes.
10. Serve with coconut yoghurt.