GF, Dairy free, plant-based
Use Organic ingredients whenever possible
1 cup unsalted cashews soaked for 30 minutes in warm water
½ cup almond milk
¼ cup basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons Shiro Miso
1 large egg
a little leftover cooked veg.(optional)
1-2 cups pasta sauce
1-2 large zucchini or a few slices of Chinese cabbage
- Soak cashews in warm water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Oil a sheet of natural baking paper with oil and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into 3 mm thin slices. Lay zucchini onto an oiled sheet and roast in the oven 10 minutes. Remove and set aside for 5 minutes before moving.
- If using cabbage, drop into boiling water for 1 minute and drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, drain cashews, and put in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients Blend till lightly cracked.
- Spread some of the pasta sauce into an oiled casserole dish.
- Lay a strip of zucchini or cabbage and spread about 1-2 tablespoons of the cashew mixture over each individual strip.
- Roll up and top with a teaspoon of the pasta sauce.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until set. Serve topped with any ferment of your choice.