Use Organic and BPA free ingredients when available
This Sugar-free and high protein snack is loaded with nutrients and great for lunch boxes or a great protein pick me up for morning or afternoon tea.
2 ½ -3 cups chickpeas
1 cup goji berries and/or sultanas ( ½ – ½)
¾ cup ground almonds or walnuts
¼ cup cacao
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup brown rice or almond flour as needed
3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
½ cup soy, coconut milk or other plant milk as needed
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup tahini or other nut butter
½ cup maple syrup or 1 cup rice syrup to taste
2-3 teaspoons Shiro Miso
Organic Paleo Museli (apple and cinnamon) *
Organic Buckini (activated buckwheat) Deluxe*
Organic goji berries, coconut, ground nuts, puffed amaranth or quinoa, cinnamon, dried fruit, coconut
maple syrup or rice syrup for brushing on top after baking
- Strain off liquid from beans and reserve. Use chickpea juice (aquafaba) for a whipped cream topping.
- Toss all dried ingredients together. Set aside,
- Stir together ground flax seeds, milk, and vanilla and set aside.
- Oil pan and preheat oven to 175C. Combine nut butter, sweetener, and miso together slowly incorporating the beans till chunky.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Adjust liquid content with plant milk as needed till it drops with difficulty from a mixing spoon.
- Spoon into baking pan. Bake in oven 30-40 minutes or until the centre is set and the edges pull away from the pan.
- Remove from the oven place on a wire rack to cool then remove it from the pan and cut into desired shapes.
- Brush with sweetener if desired and Dip into one of the toppings before serving.