Which vegan food aids weight loss, supports cardiovascular health, fights cancer cells, improves energy levels and brain function, reduces inflammation, and supports the immune system?
Shiitake, Kale, Bean and Snow Peas
GF, DF, EF, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 6 tablespoons olive or unroasted sesame oil
- 225 gr. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 gr. snow peas
- ½ can white beans (drain liquid and save for soup )
- 2 cups chopped kale or seasonal vegetable
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- tamari to taste
- pepper to taste
- almonds to garnish
1. Heat skillet, add 2 tablespoons oil. Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl.
2. Add another 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Add snow peas and toss to coat. Pour broth over mixture. Cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and snow peas are crisp-tender, about 4- 5 minutes.
4. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons oil, and sauté the kale for a few minutes.
5. Then combine with the snow peas and shiitake mushrooms
6. Season to taste with tamari and pepper. Transfer to platter and serve warm.
Photography ©Paula Kimberley