This week I’m sharing my recipe for Plant Based Green Vegetable Pancakes served with a Tahini sauce, which is equally delicious with grains or greens and is handy to keep in the fridge.
Plant Based Green Vegetable Pancakes
GF, DF, Vegetarian
125 gr. spinach leaves, washed
1 cup (50 grm) buckwheat flour
½ tablespoon aluminium free baking powder
1 organic and free range egg
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon cardamom
¼-1/2 cup plant based milk
1 cup thinly sliced spring onions
1 organic and free rang egg white
pomegranate seeds and juice
olive oil for frying
1/4 cup hulled tahini
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon tamari (wheat-free, naturally fermented soy sauce)
1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar (if you don’t have umeboshi you can add an extra
1 tablespoon of lime juice and ½ tablespoon tamari
1/4 cup boiling water
Blend all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
1. Wilt the spinach in a pan with a drop of water. Drain and when cool squeeze out moisture. Chop and set aside.
2. For the pancakes combine the flour, baking powder, 1 egg, oil, salt, cumin and milk in a large mixing bowl and whisk til smooth and creamy.
3. Add the spring onions, spices and spinach and mix together gently.
4. Whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks and gently fold into the batter.
5. Heat pan, add oil and ladle two tablespoons of batter into the pan and gently press down.
6. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
7. To serve pile up pancakes and spoon tahini sauce over. Top with pomegranate seeds.